Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Please rain on my parade

At 5am this morning, I was violently awoken from dreams of friends' imaginary engagements, to the sound of howling, gusty winds and rain drops pelting my window.  After the shock of sudden consciousness settled in, I was mesmerized by the heavy weather whipping about my new home.  Rain in California consists of a sky covered in low gray clouds dripping a steady, medium-grade downpour.  Mind you, this only occurs during the winter aka "might be rainy season," depending on if it's an El NiƱo year or not.  The storms on the east coast are manufactured in a much more intense factory.  Deafening thunder, sky electrifying lightning, and wind to knock your socks off.  I sat on the window sill and observed the storm until sleep beckoned me back to bed where stormy dreams needed a good snuggle.


{Photo credit: me, on another rainy morning}

0 comments:

Post a Comment