Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Whimsical Wednesday


Found this refreshingly whimsical watercolor by Kimberly Hennessey on another blog I love, aesthetics of joy, and was whisked away to a childhood memory of swing carousels, cotton candy and globular balloons. I miss the days when popsicles, bikerides and a few games of tag would be enough to have you asleep on the couch by 8:30pm, your mouth stained pink from the sugary goodness of those frozen treats. Now, after a 9 hour work day, 2 hour commute, a feeble attempt at exercising, dinner, and cleaning, I pass out on the couch in the same fashion, albeit minus the pink lined mouth. As a celebration of the end of summer, I'm going to get a few boxes of popsicles and fix up my wheel less bike so I can cruise around sucking on said popsicles and perhaps recreate this nostalgic memory of the past. Hopefully Joe won't find me passed out on the couch and think I've joined the People's Temple.

0 comments:

Post a Comment